Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
I think it is appropriate giving the day to make a quick post about the North Pole.This is a part of the world that has been claimed and reclaimed by lots of nations, USA, USSR (more recently Russian Federation), Norway etc. Even though it is technically international waters, rather than land!
However no one ever thought of a flag. So here is my design.
It is a shared flag for a shared point on a shared planet. The design at the hoist comes from my 'Earth Flag' design. The white triangle is representative of the ice. The red and white stripes represent that regions association with Christmas. The symbol in the middle is a compass design which I think is the most appropriately neutral symbol.
All Comments Welcome
Flag by Samuel McKittrick


Blythe Yule an a haud Hogmanay!
 Happy Christmas and a happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Very good flag, but maybe it would be a stronger symbol (more remarkable, I mean) without the design on the hoist. An excellent 2013 to you!

    ReplyDelete